A fire charred approximately three acres of grass and sage at Quinn's Junction on Sunday.
Summit County Fire Warden Bryce Boyer said the fire broke out at sometime between 12:30 p.m. and 1 p.m. close to the northwest corner of the U.S. 40-S.R. 248 interchange.
Firefighters from the Park City Fire District contained the fire within 30 to 45 minutes. Boyer, who also responded, said the flames were between two and five feet tall. The firefighters remained at the scene until approximately 5 p.m. extinguishing hot spots.
Boyer said a bird was electrocuted by a power line and fell to the ground, starting the fire.
Boyer said the fire was between 210 and 240 feet away from the closest structure -- the Summit County Health Department building -- and there was a two-lane asphalt road between the fire and the building. The Health Department was not open at the time.
The Park City Police Department said in an online statement buildings in the vicinity were given notices that an evacuation could be ordered. The buildings included the Park City Medical Center, the Park City Ice Arena and the National Ability Center. No evacuation was ordered, though.