Two hay barns and approximately 200 tons of hay were lost in a fire Thursday morning in South Summit, according to a Summit County emergency official.
The barns were located on Lambert Lane just south of Kamas. The fire was believed to have been caused by a lightning strike. As of 9:20 a.m., Katie Mullaly, Emergency Response Coordinator with Summit County, said the fire was still smoldering, but fire crews have it contained.
The response was jointly handled by crews from the South Summit Fire District, Summit County Wildland Fire, North Summit Fire District and Summit County Public Works.