Park City Film Series: ‘Queen of Katwe’
November 22, 2016
The Park City Film Series will screen Mira Nair's "Queen of Katwe," rated PG, at the Park City Library's Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., from Friday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Nov. 27. Friday's and Saturday's screenings will start at 8 p.m. Sunday's screening will start at 6 p.m. "Queen of Katwe" is the moving true story of a young girl in Uganda whose world rapidly changes when she is introduced to the game of chess. She quickly advances through the ranks in tournaments, fighting the odds of her life in poverty to become a champion. Tickets are $8 for general admission and $7 for students and senior citizens.
For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Kevin Costner will bring some Modern West to O.P. Rockwell
- Blue Moon Ranch Alpacas are eager to meet the public
- David Archuleta to perform at DeJoria Center Sept. 23
- Montgomery-Lee Fine Art selected to host American Impressionist Society competition
- Authors Shannon and Dean Hale ready an all-ages presentation at the library