Park City Moms organize Kick Off to Summer celebration
June 5, 2015
Last month, Park City Moms, a local volunteer-driven organization designed to be a resource for local parents, planned a Mother’s Day celebration.
Due to inclement weather, the event was canceled and reorganized as the Kick Off to Summer that will be held at the Newpark Town Center at Kimball Junction, on Sunday, June 7, from 1 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.
And while there may be some precipitation in the forecast, Allison Griffiths, one of the co-organizers of Park City Moms, said this event will go on rain or shine.
"At least it won’t be 40 degrees and raining," Griffiths said during an interview with The Park Record.
The goal of the summer kickoff is get kids outside, Griffiths said.
"We want them to run around and play," she said. "We’ll have a couple of bounce houses, a face painter and kid-friendly snacks available as well."
Recommended Stories For You
A magic show by Paul Brewer will start at 2 p.m. and run for about an hour.
"[Paul] has performed at different Park City events including the kids carnival the past weekend," Griffiths said. "He’s really good and really funny."
Brewer has performed at schools, camps, corporate events and parties for the past 40 year, he said.
"I’ve also performed overseas in Japan and Korea, where we opened a school," he told The Park Record.
During the magic show, Park City Moms has scheduled a massage therapist to give massages to parents.
"Everything is free and open to the public," Griffiths said. "We just want people to come with their kids and have a great time."
Park City Moms was organized in 2008 as a forum for local parents, including dads, to meet each other and share information and make friends, according to Griffiths.
"We have approximately 70 members and organize a handful of events similar to this Summer Kick Off and more informal activities every month," she said. "Park City can be little transient, so this is a good recourse for new families who have just moved to town."
Park City Moms will present a Kick Off to Summer and celebration at the Newpark Town Center at Kimball Junction, on Sunday, June 7, from 1 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/ParkCityMoms.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Flights and Bites has become a Park City Wine Club signature event
- Kevin Costner will bring some Modern West to O.P. Rockwell
- Parkite partners with Park City and Library for the Utah History Lecture Series
- Fox School of Wine sets final Table for 12 of the season
- Local author Trish Walker raising funds and goods for hurricane victims
- Earthquake, 3.3 magnitude, hits near Park City
- All Resort Group, large Park City transportation firm, suddenly closes
- The American dream in Park City hinges on the draw of a pingpong ball
- Park City reverses plan to spend $680K for microtransit deal
- Park City critic wants Rail Trail study ‘squashed, period’