Scene clips for July 1
June 30, 2015
Back 2 School Basics Fundraising Auctions
The Christian Center of Park City’s Back 2 School Basics Program helps more than 500 local, low-income children buy new school clothing and supplies each August. It is currently fundraising for the program with an online auction that ends Wednesday, July 1, at 7 p.m. It will be followed by an in-person silent auction on Thursday, July 2, during the free concert at Newpark Resort at 6 p.m. To bid in the online auction or for details on the silent auction, visit http://www.ccofpc.org .
Summit County Library Used Book Sale
The Summit County Library Kimball Junction Branch, 1885 W. Ute Blvd., will host its annual used book sale presented by the Friends of the Library on Thursday, July 2, through Saturday, July 4. A library-members-only preview will be held July 2 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. The public sale will run July 3 from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. and the public can bring their own bags to fill for $5 during bargain bag blow-out on July 4, from noon until 5 p.m. For more information, visit www1.youseemore.com/SummitCounty.
Oakley Independence Day Rodeo and Celebration
The Oakley Independence Day Rodeo and Celebration will run all day Friday, July 3, and Saturday, July 4, in Oakley. Friday’s events will include a breakfast at the Red Barn, co-ed softball tournaments and a PRCA Rodeo. Fireworks will follow the rodeo. Saturday’s events will feature a 5K race, a parade down Center Street, a patriotic program at the Red Barn, a barbecue, a junior rodeo and kids activities. The evening will culminate with a PRCA Rodeo and fireworks. For more information, visit http://www.oakleycity.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Artique First Friday Opening: Tom Kelly
Artique, 283 N. Main St. in Kamas, will present a First Friday Artist Opening with Tom Kelly on July 3, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 435-640-8048 or visit http://www.facebook.com/artiqueartandgifts?fref=ts&ref=br_tf.
McMillen Fine Art Photography Grand Opening
McMillen Fine Art Photography, 511 Main St., will host a grand opening artist reception over the July Fourth weekend from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. For more information, call 435-575-1270 or visit http://www.mcmillenfineart.com .
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Flights and Bites has become a Park City Wine Club signature event
- Parkite partners with Park City and Library for the Utah History Lecture Series
- Fox School of Wine sets final Table for 12 of the season
- Kevin Costner will bring some Modern West to O.P. Rockwell
- Nonprofit will host event to raise awareness for victims of polygamy
- Earthquake, 3.3 magnitude, hits near Park City
- All Resort Group, large Park City transportation firm, suddenly closes
- The American dream in Park City hinges on the draw of a pingpong ball
- Park City reverses plan to spend $680K for microtransit deal
- Park City critic wants Rail Trail study ‘squashed, period’