Scene clips for June 12
June 12, 2013
The Joe Quinney Winter Sports Center at Utah Olympic Park, 3429 Olympic Parkway at Kimball Junction, will host a presentation called ‘Dinos, Deserts, and Helicopters: Paleontology in the Grand Staircase of Southern Utah,’ on Wednesday, June 12, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Please RSVP to Jenifer Wilson by Wednesday, June 5, by emailing email@example.com or calling (801) 585-0749. For more information, visit http://giving.utah.edu/uupci/.
Summit Community Solar Workshop
Summit Community Solar will host a workshop about affordable solar energy at the Summit County Courthouse, 60 N. Main St. in Coalville, on Thursday, June 13, from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. The workshop will feature information and networking. For more information, visit http://www.mycommunitysolar.org/summit/calendar/copy-of-copy-of-summit-community-solar-launch-workshop-1-1/registration
Firemen’s Convention Parade
Park City is hosting the 105th Firemen’s Convention this week. To celebrate the convention will present a fireman’s parade, featuring fire engines and firefighters from several Utah departments, down Main Street on Thursday, June 13, at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.pcfd.org.
Author Event at Dolly’s Bookstore: Dayna Stern
Recommended Stories For You
Dolly’s Bookstore, 510 Main St., will host writer Dayna Stern, author of "Best Hikes with Dogs: Utah," on Saturday, June 15, from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Stern will sign her book that describes 76 of the best dog-friendly trails in Northern Utah, Salt Lake City area, Wasatch, the Uintas, Southcentral Utah, and Southwestern Utah. For more information, visit http://dollysbookstore.com/events/best-hikes-with-dogs-author-event/ .
Basin Recreation’s Movie in the Park: ‘Singletrack High’
Basin Recreation’s will present its first movie in the park at Trailside Park, 5715 Trailside Dr., on Saturday, June 15, at 7 p.m. The film will be Pedal Born Pictures’ documentary "Singletrack High," which is about kids who ride. The screening is free and open to the public. Park City Pizza will serve up some slices and opportunity drawing tickets will be available for purchase and all proceeds will benefit the PCHS Mountain Bike Club. For more information, visit http://www.basinrecreation.org or call (435) 649-1564.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Flights and Bites has become a Park City Wine Club signature event
- Parkite partners with Park City and Library for the Utah History Lecture Series
- Fox School of Wine sets final Table for 12 of the season
- Nonprofit will host event to raise awareness for victims of polygamy
- Dare to be scared with Odyssey Dance Theatre’s ‘Thriller’
- Earthquake, 3.3 magnitude, hits near Park City
- All Resort Group, large Park City transportation firm, suddenly closes
- The American dream in Park City hinges on the draw of a pingpong ball
- Park City reverses plan to spend $680K for microtransit deal
- Park City critic wants Rail Trail study ‘squashed, period’