Scene clips for Nov. 16
November 15, 2013
The Park City Film Series will present the Tumbleweeds Film Festival’s "Kids Flix Mix," a collection of short films, at the Jim Santy Auditorium at the Park City Library and Education Center, 1255 Park Ave., on Saturday, Nov. 16, at 3 p.m. Admission is free. For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfilmseries.org.
‘Making the Most of the Holidays’ at Mountain Life Church
Mountain Life Church, 7375 N. Silver Creek Rd., will team with community leaders and counselors to provide a morning workshop on successfully navigating the intense holiday season. "Making the Most of the Holidays" will be held Saturday, Nov. 16, from 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and will begin with a complimentary continental breakfast. The keynote speaker will be Craig Primo, who will share ways to "Turn Christmas Upside Down," followed by breakout sessions that will deal with strategies for a positive holiday experience. This is a free event, open to the entire community. RSVP to Gail at 435-647-5855 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Childcare can be arranged, but only with pre-registration.
Little Naturalist Story Time at the Swaner EcoCenter
The Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr. at Kimball Junction, will present a Little Naturalist story time on Monday, Nov. 18, from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. The story will be "Sometimes It’s Turkey, Sometimes It’s Feathers" by Lorna and Lecia Balian. After the story, the children will learn facts about turkeys and make their own crafty turkey to take home. Pre-registration for each program is appreciated, but not required. The cost is $2 per family. For more information or to register, please contact Katherine Veeder at 435-797-8942 or Katherine.email@example.com.
After-School Club at the Park City Library
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., will host a free after-school club every Wednesday from 4 p.m. until 5 p.m. Students in grades kindergarten through fifth can participate in arts and crafts, science experiments and games. Sign up at the library. For more information, call 435-615-5600.
Conversational Spanish Sessions
Conversational Spanish sessions will be held every Wednesday at the Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave., from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. For more information please contact the Park City Library at 435-615-5600.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Flights and Bites has become a Park City Wine Club signature event
- Kevin Costner will bring some Modern West to O.P. Rockwell
- Parkite partners with Park City and Library for the Utah History Lecture Series
- Fox School of Wine sets final Table for 12 of the season
- Local author Trish Walker raising funds and goods for hurricane victims
- Earthquake, 3.3 magnitude, hits near Park City
- All Resort Group, large Park City transportation firm, suddenly closes
- The American dream in Park City hinges on the draw of a pingpong ball
- Park City reverses plan to spend $680K for microtransit deal
- Park City critic wants Rail Trail study ‘squashed, period’