Man electrocuted at Old Town construction site
September 18, 2013
THE PARK RECORD
A Park City man was electrocuted Tuesday afternoon at a construction site in Old Town, the Police Department said.
The police said the man is 43 years old. He was not identified.
Phil Kirk, a police captain, said the police and the Park City Fire District responded to the 200 block of Norfolk Avenue after receiving a 911 call at 12:42 p.m.
Kirk said a crane was unloading a steel beam from a trailer. During the unloading, a cable came too close to a power line, causing the power line to arc to the cable, he said. The man was nearby and was electrocuted when the power line arced, Kirk said.
He was taken in an ambulance to a Salt Lake City hospital. His condition leaving the scene was critical, Kirk said.
Recommended Stories For You