Body found on Park City trail in an apparent suicide
September 19, 2016
A body was found on a trail on the edge of Park Meadows on Saturday morning, the Park City Police Department said, indicating the man apparently committed suicide.
Wade Carpenter, the police chief, said a young man on a trail off Silver Cloud Drive found the body of a 64-year-old man on the ground. Carpenter said the man suffered what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He said a gun was recovered at the scene. The man is from Summit County. The police did not immediately release his name pending notification of next of kin.
Carpenter said a warning had been placed on the man's vehicle the previous day after it was found left at a parking area close to the trail.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Park City
- Whole Foods art competition is in the bag for Cheech Minniear
- Park City seen as critical to any Winter Olympic bid in Utah
- Park City’s Main Street noisy, police told
- Winter Olympic map could expand through Park City area
- Do ski boots drive you crazy? This Colorado company made it so skiers can wear snowboarding boots