Deer Valley skier airlifted after accident
February 28, 2014
A Deer Valley Resort skier slid into a tree on Tuesday and was taken by medical helicopter to a hospital in Salt Lake City, the resort said.
The resort said in a statement the man is 55 years old and from Maryland. He was wearing a helmet, the resort said.
According to Deer Valley, the skier was on Bald Mountain at approximately 10 a.m. The tree is off the Gilt Edge run, the resort said. Gilt Edge is a short beginner run. Ski patrollers and staff from the medical helicopter performed rescue efforts, according to the resort.
The man was in critical condition when the medical helicopter took him to the University of Utah Hospital. An updated condition was not available. Details about his injuries were not released.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Park City
- Boy accidentally shoots older brother while hunting in Summit County, police say
- Park City land, site of mine relic collapse, for sale
- Motion filed to add Summit County and Park City to Mountain Accord lawsuit
- Summit County Search and Rescue helps save man after 150-foot fall near King’s Peak
- Brushfire burns almost an acre near Quinn’s Junction