Kraig Powell, Republican legislator, plans Park City forum
January 28, 2014
Kraig Powell, the state legislator whose district includes Park City, is scheduled to host a forum on Saturday in Park City to talk about the 2014 session of the Legislature.
The event is scheduled from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. in Room 109 at the Park City Library and Education Center. Powell, who is a Republican from Heber, also represents a portion of the Snyderville Basin as well as points outside of Summit County.
Powell will discuss what he sees as important issues the Legislature faces this year and outline some of the bills he will sponsor. He said he hopes for a lengthy opportunity for questions and answers on Saturday.
Powell anticipates talking about one of his bills dealing with state alcohol laws. The bill would remove the requirement that a restaurant prepare alcoholic beverages behind a wall. It would also remove a requirement that a restaurant patron be asked if they intend to dine before they are served alcohol.
Another bill Powell will sponsor would provide a way for people to obtain renewable energy though bulk purchases with others through a city or a county government.
Trending In: Park City
- Juvenile charged as investigation into teen deaths continues
- Park City party, giant and ‘chaotic,’ involves fights, spitting, drinking
- Park City rejects challenge of former art center redo
- Restaurants see opportunity in fall shoulder season
- Coalville man recovering from leg amputation credited with saving woman