Midday fire doused
March 21, 2014
The roof of a home located at 4015 Deer Valley Drive was completely engulfed in flames when Park City Fire District crews arrived on scene Friday at noontime. According to PCFD Battalion Chief Ray Huntzinger there were no injuries to civilians or firefighters and the fire was quickly contained.
He said the structure was under construction but the workers had been able to get outside safely. As a precaution, residents from one of the neighboring homes were evacuated but there was no damage to any other structures.
Four engine companies responded as well as Park City Police officers who helped with traffic control. A section of Deer Valley Drive between the roundabout and Mellow Mountain Road was closed for a short time.
Huntzinger said the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Trending In: Park City
- Amid profanities, Park City approves disputed subdivision
- Park City party, giant and ‘chaotic,’ involves fights, spitting, drinking
- Park City rejects challenge of former art center redo
- Park City chief ascends to leadership post in international police group
- Park City police receive more tire-slashing reports