Be bear aware this summer
June 14, 2013
The summer season means trips to the mountains where families can enjoy fishing, hiking, picnicking and camping in the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest. Summer time also means that bears are on the move. There have been recent sightings of black bears along the Wasatch Front.
For the safety of the public and bears, the Forest Service is encouraging campers and visitors to practice Bear Aware safety while visiting the forest. Thus, there are simple things you can do to avoid an encounter with a black bear.
taking these few precautions you can have a safe and enjoyable experience on your National Forest.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit Land Conservancy to purchase rights for Osguthorpe Farm on Old Ranch Road
- Assisted living home proposed near entrance of Pinebrook neighborhood
- Sheriff’s Report: thefts at Kimball Junction businesses
- Merger of Summit County and Park City’s dispatch centers finalized
- Update: Man arrested for holding Summit County woman captive for three days