County Briefs: Sales taxes public hearing
October 18, 2016
Sales taxes public hearing notice
The Summit County Council will conduct a hearing with an opportunity for public input at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 19, in the County Courthouse in Coalville. Voters will have the chance to provide comments about the two ballot initiatives being proposed to raise revenue to increase transportation services and infrastructure in the area. Propositions 9 and 10 would each add .25 percent to the countywide sales and use tax. For more information about the taxes, go to Summit County’s homepage at http://summitcounty.org/.
Cancelled Utah Senior Voice event
Summit County’s Senior Services and the Utah Association of Area Agencies on Aging have canceled the Utah Senior Voice event on Tuesday, Oct. 25. Scott McBeth, Mountainlands Association of Governments director of senior services, said the event did not generate enough interest within the community. McBeth said the Agencies on Aging will continue to work with seniors to reschedule the event at a later date.
Trending In: Summit County
- Case against New York couple accused of sexual assault will go to trial
- Summit County exercises option to purchase 29-acres near Jeremy Ranch
- No Worries Café finds new home in Quarry Village
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office presence grows during Sundance
- Bus hours extended during Sundance for Kimball Junction Transit Center