Court Report: Nov. 26-29, 2016
November 25, 2016
According to the Summit County Attorney's Office, the following cases were heard on Monday, Nov. 21, in 3rd District Court at the Summit County Justice Center:
Dennis James Monard, 40, of West Valley City, entered a guilty plea to theft, a second-degree felony, and possession or use of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor. Sentencing is Jan. 9.
Jordan Dean Goodwin, 23, of Roy, was sentenced for the offenses of attempted aggravated assault, a Class A misdemeanor, and damage/interruption to a communication device, a Class B misdemeanor. The court imposed a one-year jail sentence for attempted aggravated assault and imposed a 180-day jail sentence for damage/interruption to a communication device. Those sentences were stayed and the court placed the defendant on supervised probation for 24 months, ordered him to serve 30 days in jail, pay a $250 recoupment fee and complete other standard terms and conditions.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit Land Conservancy to purchase rights for Osguthorpe Farm on Old Ranch Road
- Sheriff’s Report: thefts at Kimball Junction businesses
- Erin Bragg joins Summit Community Power Works as new executive director
- Assisted living home proposed near entrance of Pinebrook neighborhood
- Affordable housing proposal receives less-than favorable review