Drop off hazardous wastes
April 30, 2013
Summit County residents are encouraged to drop household hazardous waste materials off at Canyons on Saturday, May 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Recycle Utah and Park City Sunrise Rotary Club are sponsoring the free event, which will take place in Canyons’ parking lot, located at 4000 Canyons Resort Drive.
Only residential waste will be accepted; no construction or business waste.
"When this type of thing ends up in the landfill, it eventually seeps into the groundwater and contaminates our lakes, rivers and streams," said Insa Riepen, Recycle Utah Executive Director. "Not only does it affect the population of Summit County in our culinary waters, but the fish, birds and other wildlife are dangerously exposed to many terrible contaminants."
For more information contact Recycle Utah at 435-649-9698 or visit http://www.recycleutah.org .
Accepted hazardous waste
News from across the Web
Trending In: Summit County
- East Side Planning Commissioners to consider large commercial and housing development in Promontory
- Flood and drowning risks remain as spring runoff melts
- Sheriff’s Report: Park City man crashes motorcycle after evading law enforcement
- New program will help fund Search and Rescue efforts
- Suspect arrested in Salt Lake City after leading Summit County deputies on pursuit