Girl Scouts collect almost 1,300 pounds of food
December 17, 2013
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley concluded their annual "Girl Scouts Fighting Hunger" food drive on Tuesday, Dec. 10, having garnered 1,295 pounds of food donations, breaking last year’s record by 57 pounds.
Girl Scout troops dropped off their food donations at the Christian Center of Park City, having collected them for over a month. Non-perishable items such as canned goods, dried beans, peanut butter and cereals were donated, as were diapers, baby wipes, baby formula and pet food.
The Girl Scouts of Four Valley are comprised of troops in Summit and Wasatch Counties.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit Land Conservancy to purchase rights for Osguthorpe Farm on Old Ranch Road
- Assisted living home proposed near entrance of Pinebrook neighborhood
- Sheriff’s Report: thefts at Kimball Junction businesses
- Merger of Summit County and Park City’s dispatch centers finalized
- Affordable housing proposal receives less-than favorable review