Hendricksen seeking Republican Sheriff’s nomination
February 12, 2014
Hendricksen, an officer with the Utah Valley University Police Department, will vie for the Republican nomination in the Summit County Sheriff’s campaign, joining fellow Francis resident and Salt Lake City Police Department Officer Dax Shane, who will also try for the Republican nomination. Current Summit County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Justin Martinez announced last year that he will be seeking the position of Sheriff, running on the Democratic ticket.
The filing period for candidates is from Mar. 14-20 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Candidates must file in-person at the Summit County Clerk’s Office, located in the Summit County Courthouse at 60 N. Main Street in Coalville. For more information, contact County Clerk Kent Jones at 435-336-3202.
Editor’s note: In the Feb. 8-11 issue of The Park Record, Summit County Sheriff candidate Kris Hendricksen’s name was incorrectly spelled as ‘Kris Hendricks’ in the article titled ‘Two declare candidacy for county sheriff’ by Aaron Osowski.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s Report: thefts at Kimball Junction businesses
- Summit Land Conservancy to purchase rights for Osguthorpe Farm on Old Ranch Road
- Erin Bragg joins Summit Community Power Works as new executive director
- Merger of Summit County and Park City’s dispatch centers finalized
- Sheriff’s Report: overdose and high-speed pursuit
- Earthquake, 3.3 magnitude, hits near Park City
- All Resort Group, large Park City transportation firm, suddenly closes
- Affordable housing lottery is a win for new homeowners and the community
- The American dream in Park City hinges on the draw of a pingpong ball
- Flights and Bites has become a Park City Wine Club signature event