Hendricksen seeking Republican Sheriff’s nomination
February 12, 2014
Hendricksen, an officer with the Utah Valley University Police Department, will vie for the Republican nomination in the Summit County Sheriff’s campaign, joining fellow Francis resident and Salt Lake City Police Department Officer Dax Shane, who will also try for the Republican nomination. Current Summit County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Justin Martinez announced last year that he will be seeking the position of Sheriff, running on the Democratic ticket.
The filing period for candidates is from Mar. 14-20 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Candidates must file in-person at the Summit County Clerk’s Office, located in the Summit County Courthouse at 60 N. Main Street in Coalville. For more information, contact County Clerk Kent Jones at 435-336-3202.
Editor’s note: In the Feb. 8-11 issue of The Park Record, Summit County Sheriff candidate Kris Hendricksen’s name was incorrectly spelled as ‘Kris Hendricks’ in the article titled ‘Two declare candidacy for county sheriff’ by Aaron Osowski.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Summit County
- East Side Planning Commissioners to consider large commercial and housing development in Promontory
- Flood and drowning risks remain as spring runoff melts
- Sheriff’s Report: Park City man crashes motorcycle after evading law enforcement
- New program will help fund Search and Rescue efforts
- North Summit vets to honor their fallen comrades on Memorial Day