Hiker found deceased
July 29, 2014
A hiker was found dead Monday, July 28 on the Crystal Lake Trail near Trial Lake off the Mirror Lake Highway, according to the Summit County Sheriff’s Department.
The man has been identified and his next of kin has been notified, said Sgt. Ron Bridge.
"The death is not suspicious," Bridge said.
Deputies were notified of an unconscious and unresponsive man on the trail via a 911 call, and Search and Rescue was called to assist because of the remote location, Bridge said. Once they located the man, they confirmed he was deceased.
Bridge said a Department of Public Safety helicopter was contacted and planned to assist with retrieval of the body until it was discovered that the terrain was too difficult for the helicopter to land
As of Tuesday, the body was at the medical examiner’s office and the cause of death is not known.
— David Burger
Trending In: Summit County
- Sheriff’s Report: nine rescued after hot air balloon strikes live power line
- Summit County Library suspects homeless man of sneaking in after-hours
- Pinebrook woman appeals to County Council for traffic mitigation along Kilby Road
- Court Report: April 8-11, 2017
- Bountiful Eagle Scout candidate chooses project benefitting Summit County