Man accidentally shot in Oakley
November 22, 2013
A West Jordan man was accidentally shot in the leg by his girlfriend while hunting in Weber Canyon near Oakley on Wednesday.
The victim, age 21, was shot in the knee by His 20-year-old girlfriend, of Bluffdale, as she was attempting to empty her bolt-action rifle after hunting, according to Summit County Sheriff’s Capt. Justin Martinez. The incident was reported at 8:15 a.m.
The man was transported via AirMed to the University of Utah Hospital. According to Martinez, due to the severity of the injury, his leg had to be amputated.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit Land Conservancy to purchase rights for Osguthorpe Farm on Old Ranch Road
- Sheriff’s Report: thefts at Kimball Junction businesses
- Erin Bragg joins Summit Community Power Works as new executive director
- Assisted living home proposed near entrance of Pinebrook neighborhood
- Court Report: May 13-16, 2017