Missing person walked away from Rockport
September 2, 2014
The Summit County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public’s help in locating a missing person who wandered away from Rockport State Park on Sunday, Aug. 31.
The missing man, 20-year-old Halden Efren, was last seen on the side of I-80 near the Wyoming border Monday, said Sgt. Ron Bridge, public information officer for the Summit County Sheriff’s Office.
On Aug. 31 at about 10 a.m., Efren got into a verbal confrontation with a woman companion while camping east of Rockport Reservoir, Bridge said. After the fight, Efren walked away from the camp and his friends were unable to locate him. They believed he had walked off to cool off, but when he did not return, they reported him as missing.
Initially, about 20 members of Summit County Search and Rescue and a Department of Public Highway helicopter were deployed to search for Efren. They have since turned the search over to the sheriff’s office, Bridge said.
Efren is 5 feet 5 inches tall and 170 pounds with brown eyes and short brown hair, Bridge said. He was last seen wearing a red t-shirt, a baseball hat with the Chicago Bulls logo, sandals and a small backpack.
Efren has been in the United States for only one month and does not have his passport or any money with him, Bridge added.
Anyone who has seen Efren or picked him up is urged to contact the Summit County Sheriff’s Office at 435-615-3600.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Summit County
- East Side Planning Commissioners to consider large commercial and housing development in Promontory
- Sheriff’s Report: Park City man crashes motorcycle after evading law enforcement
- Summit County Democrats select diverse list of candidates for County Attorney
- High school graduates encouraged to celebrate milestone safely
- Family tragedy inspired Summit County man to champion mental health