Park City to mark Sept. 11 with memorial
September 9, 2016
Area first responders will mark the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks with a memorial ceremony in Park City.
Law enforcement officials with the Park City Police Department and the Summit County Sheriff's Office will join members of the Park City Fire District for a silent procession at 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 11, at the Holiday Ranch Loop fire station, according to a press release.
The procession will take Park Avenue to City Park, where a short memorial ceremony will be held in front of Miners Hospital. The ceremony is scheduled to start at 8 a.m.
People are encouraged to walk with the procession of first responders or join in anywhere along the route to Miners Hospital.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit Land Conservancy to purchase rights for Osguthorpe Farm on Old Ranch Road
- Assisted living home proposed near entrance of Pinebrook neighborhood
- Sheriff’s Report: thefts at Kimball Junction businesses
- Friends of the Summit County Library are fundraising for the new Kamas Branch
- Court Report: May 13-16, 2017