RAP Tax Grants available
September 3, 2013
Summit County recently announced that applications are now available for Recreation, Arts and Park (RAP) Tax Grants.
According to a release from the county, the RAP Tax granting program gives out revenues generated from a one-tenth of one percent sales tax that is in effect in Summit County. Fifty percent of the tax is allocated for recreation facilities while the other 50 percent is given to cultural programs.
To be an eligible applicant for the Recreation Grant, an individual must be from a publicly owned or operated facility, and the release listed the following as examples: parks, campgrounds, marinas, playgrounds, swimming pools, trail systems or other recreational facilities.
Committee recommendations will be made to the Summit County Council in mid-November. Recipients of grant funds will have 18 months to implement their funds after the final decision is made.
The deadline for all applications is Friday, Oct. 4, at 12 p.m. The 2013 Summit County Recreation Grant Application can be found on summitcounty.org, at the Summit County Courthouse, the Kimball Junction Library or the Kamas Library. Also contact Summit County Assistant Manager Anita Lewis at 435-336-3220 for more information.
Trending In: Summit County
- Project proposed at the former Colby School site rouses residents
- Woman collapses, dies at ropes course in Oakley
- Man punched in the face for refusing to give stranger money for beer
- Sheriff’s Report: deputies break car window and take suspects into custody
- Former Development Director Don Sargent appointed to East Side Planning Commission