Snowmobiler airlifted after accident
March 1, 2013
A 64-year-old man from California was airlifted to a Wasatch Front hospital after sustaining injuries in a snowmobile accident.
The accident occurred in the Thousand Peaks area of Weber Canyon around noon on Thursday.
Summit County Sheriff’s Office deputies, a helicopter and Thousand Peak Adventures personnel responded to the scene.
"The people from Thousand Peaks Adventures started the ball rolling, and by the time deputies and the helicopter arrived on scene it had evolved rapidly and he was airlifted out," Summit County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Justin Martinez.
The snowmobiler sustained knee, elbow and wrist injuries and was in stable condition, as of Thursday afternoon.
News from across the Web
Trending In: Summit County
- East Side Planning Commissioners to consider large commercial and housing development in Promontory
- Sheriff’s Report: Park City man crashes motorcycle after evading law enforcement
- Summit County Democrats select diverse list of candidates for County Attorney
- High school graduates encouraged to celebrate milestone safely
- Family tragedy inspired Summit County man to champion mental health