Three still wanted in Wal-Mart stabbing
June 11, 2013
Between 12:30 and 1 a.m. on Sunday, June 9, deputies responded to a fight that was in progress at the Wal-Mart on Landmark Dr. Before the fight broke out it was determined that the suspects had attempted to shoplift over $200 in merchandise from the store. When Wal-Mart employees attempted to confront the suspects in the front of the store, one of the suspects drew a knife, stabbing the employee in the upper arm, according to Summit County Sheriff’s Capt. Justin Martinez. The injury was not fatal.
With evidence from Wal-Mart, two of the five suspects were apprehended and were found not to have been involved in the shoplifting and stabbing. Both were arrested on outstanding warrants and alcohol offenses. The suspects, three male individuals, are still wanted in connection with the theft and stabbing after they fled on foot. Wal-Mart has been unable to obtain video surveillance of the suspects.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Summit County
- Summit Land Conservancy to purchase rights for Osguthorpe Farm on Old Ranch Road
- Assisted living home proposed near entrance of Pinebrook neighborhood
- Sheriff’s Report: thefts at Kimball Junction businesses
- Friends of the Summit County Library are fundraising for the new Kamas Branch
- Court Report: May 13-16, 2017