The Park City Police Department responded to a series of slide-off accidents last week as drivers encountered difficulties in the snowy weather.
It did not appear from public police logs that any of the cases involved serious injuries. The area was pummeled with snowstorms last week, some of the biggest of the winter thus far.
Public police logs did not provide details about some of the accidents.
Some of the cases reported to the police included:
- on Friday, Jan. 11, an accident was reported on the 800 block of Empire Avenue. The police were told the vehicle could be pushed into a house if another driver hit it where the vehicle sat. The police said westbound traffic was blocked at a nearby intersection. The accident was reported at 12:59 p.m.
- on Thursday, Jan. 10 at 9:24 p.m., a slide-off was reported at the intersection of Centennial Circle and Royal Street.
- on Jan. 10 at 5:16 p.m., a slide-off was reported at the intersection of Marsac Avenue and Prospect Avenue.
- on Jan. 10 at 5:09 p.m., a slide-off was reported on Guardsman Connection.
- on Jan. 10 at 4:51 p.m., a driver slid off the road along the 1600 block of Bonanza Drive and hit a center barrier, bending a pole.Advertisement
- on Jan. 10 at 4:42 p.m., a slide-off was reported on Royal Street.
- on Jan. 10 at 4:06 p.m., King Road was reported to be impassible as a result of the snow. Cars were attempting to drive up the street but were sliding back down, the police were told. A snowplow was summoned.
- on Jan. 10 at 3:31 p.m., a slide-off was reported at the intersection of Deer Valley Drive and Royal Street.
The police caution people to drive slowly when roads are packed with snow or when driving conditions are bad.