The Park City Area Project for Deeper Understanding has organized a "public conversation about abortion" on Tuesday, Feb. 11, from 7-9 p.m. at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 4595 N. Silver Springs Drive in Park City.
"The Project is simply a team of citizens dedicated to creating events in which people with differing perspectives on important issues can meet for civil and respectful dialogue and information sharing. Our mission is to educate the public as we fight cultural polarization and misunderstanding," according to Rev. Charles Robinson, who organized the event.
The panelists expected to participate in the forum are:
- Shawn Bauer, Director of the Salt Lake City Pregnancy Resource Center
- Karrie Galloway, Executive Director of Salt Lake City Planned Parenthood
- Kirby Jones, M.D., OB/GYN Professor with the U. of U. Medical School
- Monsignor Francis Mannion, Theologian with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City
- Wayne McCormack, Law Professor at the U. of U.
- Cynthia Stark, Ph.D., Philosophy Professor at the U. of U.
Refreshments will be available during and after the public forum, according to Robinson.
In November, the Project for Deeper Understanding hosted a similar-format forum in Park City that was well-attended regarding Utah's liquor laws.
- Alan Maguire