Odyssey Dance Theatre is putting out a call for entries to submit short video segments to be shown during the company's production of "Thriller" this October.
Odyssey Dance Theatre's production of "Thriller" has become a Halloween tradition. Full of scares and laughs from all your favorite horror characters, "Thriller" performs this fall with over 40 sold out performances in seven different locations. A unique collection of dance-driven vignettes, "Thriller" has also included several short videos as part of its presentation. Creator and Director Derryl Yeager is excited to open up the show to young film makers who, he is sure, will bring a fresh and inventive perspective to the show.
Odyssey Dance Theatre will perform "Thriller" in Park City at the Egyptian Theatre from Sept. 27 through Oct. 6.
Videographers should keep in mind that this is a family show, so no nudity or R rated language or material please.
1. Each film should be between three to five minutes in length;
2. The films must have a Halloween theme - can be scary or funny, but most important entertaining.
3. Films must be posted on YouTube by Sept, 15, and links submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org;
4. Films will be reviewed by a panel of judges, and there will be a top three or four chosen from that initial adjudication;
5. Those top films will be played during the show at all venues this season, and audiences will be allowed to vote on their favorite film; and
6. At the end of the "Thriller" Season those votes will be tallied, and the films will be awarded the following:
Odyssey Dance Theatre is the winner of Best of State in Dance for eight years in a row; Best of State of all Arts and Entertainment 2007; Best Choreographer 2009 Odyssey Founder and Artistic Director Derryl Yeager; Best Individual Dancer 2010 Odyssey Associate Artistic Director/Principal Dancer Eldon Johnson; Best Individual Dancer 2012 Odyssey Associate Artistic Director Veronica Yeager; Best Individual Dancer 2013 Odyssey Principal Dancer Dayna Marshall; and Best Youth Dance Group 2011 and 2012 Odyssey 2, Odyssey Dance Theatre performs to critical acclaim and standing ovations at home and on tour, nationally and internationally, most notably coinciding with the Beijing Summer Olympics. Odyssey Dance Theatre is funded, in part, by Zoo, Arts and Parks.
For more information, visit www.odysseydance.com.