Andrew Miller wins PCST award
February 8, 2014
Submitted by Park City Ski Team
Andrew Miller earned the right to be named the January skier of the month by establishing himself as one of the strongest male under-16 skiers in the Intermountain Division.
Miller recently won a U16 giant slalom qualifier and finished second in slalom in Sun Valley, Idaho. During the month of January, Andrew captured the Wes Barron Memorial overall title in Jackson Hole, Wyo., by placing first, first and second at the super-G series. As a result of his strong race results he is now ranked first in the nation for his age.
"Andrew worked hard on his conditioning this summer and it is really paying off," said Tina Nardi, PCST U16 coach. "His exceptional dedication and commitment are a great example for the rest of the team."
Andrew’s next stop on the race tour will be Bogus Basin, Idaho, from Feb. 21-23. He will be looking to qualify for the U16 Regional Championship to be held at Jackson Hole from March 19-23.
A $500 donation will be made to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund on behalf of Andrew Miller by Gaddis Investments.
Trending In: Sports
- Juvenile charged as investigation into teen deaths continues
- Park City party, giant and ‘chaotic,’ involves fights, spitting, drinking
- Restaurants see opportunity in fall shoulder season
- Park City rejects challenge of former art center redo
- Coalville man recovering from leg amputation credited with saving woman