Black belts awarded
Ryan Summerlin May 23, 2014
Bobby Lawrence Karate Studio held a Black Belt test and tournament at South Town Expo Center on May 16 and 17.
Nine students from the Park City school were promoted to various degrees of Black Belt. Emma Sundahl, Roni Miller, Shannon Mellin and Everest Fang advanced to First Degree Black Belt; Liam Occon, Dylan Pinkney and John Hanrahan were promoted to Second Degree Black Belt; Thomas Occon earned his Third Degree Black Belt and Casey Klekas his Fourth Degree Black Belt.
The tournament involved more than 600 competitors, with the Park City school winning first place in the 3A division, the SWAT Demo Team receiving third place overall, and Casey Klekas taking Grand Champion in Men’s Black Belt Sparring.
Bobby Lawrence Karate has 17 schools in Utah and has been in Park City since 1989.
Trending In: Sports
- U.S. Forest Service battles wildfire near Smith Morehouse
- Master plan submitted to Wasatch County for Mayflower property
- Outdoor community unites against bikes in wilderness proposal
- Bill Clinton scheduled to make fundraising stop in Park City area
- An RV in a driveway? Park City considers parking changes