Blake Hughes named to USA Ski Jumping post
June 21, 2013
The Park City resident competed in ski jumping for 15 years and ended his competitive career in 2009. The position will be supported by both the USASJ and Utah Olympic Park, where he will also have coaching responsibilities.
Hughes began his ski jumping career at age seven with the National Sports Foundation and the Park City Nordic Ski Club. Hughes’ best result came early in his career when he placed 12th in an FIS Continental Cup when he was 15 years old.
"We are really happy to welcome Blake to our program," Alan Johnson said. "He will help a great deal with our residency program in Park City and in a host of domestic issues with our athletes. He has a great deal of experience and will help fill the void left by Casey (Colby) when he left last spring. It’s a solid addition to our staff."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Tour des Suds shows creativity in beautiful, boozy bike race
- Park City High School Miners girls soccer beats Ben Lomond at new home venue
- Last and longest of Park City Trail Series means an end of summer running season
- Park City-based National Ability Center plans to expand facilities, starting with its Mountain Center, in 2018
- Park City High School’s girls tennis says goodbye to 2017 seniors