Charlie Scott wins award
June 5, 2015
At Team Park City United’s End of Winter Season Banquet, team member and Winter Sports School student Charlie Scott was chosen from a group of more than 100 athletes to receive the Bjorn Thorsen Memorial Scholarship Award.
Bjorn Thorsen was a Park City High School student who passed away in his sleep in 2007. He was a budding freeskiing athlete and a member of the team. The award is presented annually to the athlete that most exemplifies the four attributes that Bjorn embodied — enthusiam, love of the sport, hunger to grow and improve and a caring attitude toward others. Team Park City United coaches nominate and then vote on the athletes each year to determine the winner.
Charlie graciously accepted the award from Head Competitive Freeskiing Coach Chris "Hatch" Haslock.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Tour des Suds shows creativity in beautiful, boozy bike race
- Park City-based National Ability Center plans to expand facilities, starting with its Mountain Center, in 2018
- Park City High School Miners girls soccer beats Ben Lomond at new home venue
- Park City High School’s girls tennis says goodbye to 2017 seniors
- Last and longest of Park City Trail Series means an end of summer running season