Girls’ LAX Red Team wins state
June 12, 2013
Lacrosse has become one of the most popular team sports in Park City. The popularity and success of the sport continued this spring season. The Park City Junior Girls’ program (7th and 8th grades) fielded two teams – the Red Team and the Black Team. Despite playing against the largest school districts in Utah, the girls continued to win. Both teams had winning records. Additionally, both teams made it to the playoffs, which has never happened before. The Red Team completed yet another unbeaten season with an 11-6 win over Lone Peak in the finals to take the state championship. The team was led by co-head coaches Glee Corsetti and Zach Sadoff, with help from Park City High School’s Dani Lecher.
The Red Team’s Jeni Gordon, Ellie Faulk and Amanda Parry, and the Black Team’s Sophie Anderson, Meredith Lawing and Gabi Nixon were selected to play in the Utah All-Star game. Ten Park City girls were selected to the prestigious U-15 Utah National Team, which will compete in the U-15 National Championships in Orlando, Fla., in July. Those include Jeni Gordon, Ellie Faulk, Amanda Parry, Ali Baker, Livia Kimche, Claudia Lagnese, Morgan Lukrich, Madison Morgan and Lauren Robertson. However, none of the girls would have had success on the field without the love, support, scoring, assists, defense, goaltending, etc. of all of their teammates. This amazing season was truly a team effort.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Tour des Suds shows creativity in beautiful, boozy bike race
- Park City High School Miners girls soccer beats Ben Lomond at new home venue
- Last and longest of Park City Trail Series means an end of summer running season
- Park City-based National Ability Center plans to expand facilities, starting with its Mountain Center, in 2018
- Park City High School’s girls tennis says goodbye to 2017 seniors