Hockey team to collect toys
December 17, 2013
The Park City and Corner Canyon High School hockey teams will be adversaries on the ice Wednesday night at the Park City Ice Arena at 6:30 p.m. But after the game, both teams will have a different goal gathering up and donating as many stuffed animals and new toys as they can.
Both teams are conducting a joint Stuffed Animal/Toys for Tots Donation Drive. Fans are encouraged to bring either new or lightly used stuffed animals or new toys to Wednesday night’s game. When the game is over, as both teams exit the ice, fans will toss the stuffed animals and toys down to the players in the area where they exit the ice (If your toy is breakable, it will be accepted in the lobby before the game). The players will then gather all the stuffed animals and toys for delivery to the Toys for Tots Drive at Ft. Douglas in Salt Lake, St. Mary’s Food Bank/Outreach program in Park City, and The Christmas Box House in Salt Lake.
The plan is for this to become an annual event for the Park City hockey team, so pick up a new toy or stuffed animal and make plans to be a part of the holiday fun at the Park City Ice Arena Wednesday, Dec. 18, at 6:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Tour des Suds shows creativity in beautiful, boozy bike race
- Park City High School Miners girls soccer beats Ben Lomond at new home venue
- Last and longest of Park City Trail Series means an end of summer running season
- Park City-based National Ability Center plans to expand facilities, starting with its Mountain Center, in 2018
- Park City High School’s girls tennis says goodbye to 2017 seniors