Ice Miners win Bozeman tourney
March 28, 2014
Submitted by Derek Elbert
The Ice Miners brought home the Intermountain Invitational trophy beating the Badgers 5-3 on Sunday morning.
This caps a second tournament victory in as many weeks for the squad. Coach Marc Colaizzi said he was impressed with his team’s ability to adjust to some minor injuries and pull out the victories in spite of the fact that his team consists of only 10 skaters.
Coach Colaizzi was also grateful to the parents, who put in a long drive and had to stand around in a freezing cold rink (heating system was down), to support this solid effort.
Trending In: Sports
- Juvenile charged as investigation into teen deaths continues
- Park City party, giant and ‘chaotic,’ involves fights, spitting, drinking
- Restaurants see opportunity in fall shoulder season
- Park City rejects challenge of former art center redo
- Coalville man recovering from leg amputation credited with saving woman