Powdr Shot biathlon returns
August 8, 2014
Powdr Shot participants take on the trails surrounding Gorgoza Park, either in trail running shoes or on a mountain bike, while navigating a series of air rifle shooting stations. Three different distances in both the running and biking events make Powdr Shot appealing to beginner, intermediate and expert runners or bikers. No shooting experience is necessary: air rifles are supplied by the event and all participants receive instruction and get the opportunity to practice prior to the event.
Online registration for Powdr Shot is now open all proceeds benefit forest health in the Park City area by: facilitating the removal of standing dead trees and assisting with new plantings. Running and biking events are held separately, participants can register for one or both races.
Registration for either the trail running or mountain biking event is $30, or $45 for both. The mountain bike biathlon is scheduled for 10:30 a.m., the trail run biathlon is at 1 p.m. Participants can register at powdrshotgorgozapark.athlete360.com/ .
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Park City-based National Ability Center plans to expand facilities, starting with its Mountain Center, in 2018
- Park City High School’s girls tennis says goodbye to 2017 seniors
- Park City’s Tour des Suds shows creativity in beautiful, boozy race
- Park City High School Miners girls soccer beats Ben Lomond at new home venue
- Last and longest of Park City Trail Series means an end of summer running season
- Earthquake, 3.3 magnitude, hits near Park City
- All Resort Group, large Park City transportation firm, suddenly closes
- Park City reverses plan to spend $680K for microtransit deal
- The American dream in Park City hinges on the draw of a pingpong ball
- Park City critic wants Rail Trail study ‘squashed, period’