Team Park City United honors its own
May 20, 2016
At Team Park City United’s End of Winter Season Banquet, team member and Winter Sports School student Dakota Connole was chosen from a group of over 100 athletes to receive the Bjorn Thorsen Memorial Scholarship Award.
Bjorn Thorsen was a Park City High School student who passed away in his sleep in 2007. He was a budding freeskiing athlete and a member of the team. The award is presented annually to the athlete that most exemplifies the following four attributes that Bjorn embodied: enthusiasm; love of the sport; hunger to grow and improve; and a caring attitude toward others. Team Park City United coaches nominate and then vote on the athletes each year to determine the winner.
Dakota graciously accepted the award from Head Competitive Freeskiing Coach Chris Haslock and Bjorn’s father, Thor Thorsen (pictured with Dakota).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Picabo Street inducted into Ski Hall of Fame
- Miners golf ekes out region victory at home
- Tour des Suds shows creativity in beautiful, boozy bike race
- Alf Engen Museum honors Dick Mitchell, legendry skier and pilot
- Park City-based National Ability Center plans to expand facilities, starting with its Mountain Center, in 2018