Ted Ligety injures left wrist
November 25, 2014
Olympic champion Ted Ligety suffered an injury to his left wrist while training Saturday at Vail’s Golden Peak.
According to U.S. Ski Team Medical Director Kyle Wilkens, Ligety suffered a left wrist carpal dislocation. He underwent surgery with U.S. Ski Team physician Dr. Randy Viola at the Vail Valley Medical Center Saturday afternoon.
Doctors anticipate he should be back skiing shortly. He will be fitted with a special splint to wear while skiing. There was no determination yet as to whether it will impact his participation in the Audi FIS Ski World Cups in Lake Louise, Canada, or Beaver Creek, Colorado.
He has been scheduled to ski in the super G at Lake Louise on Nov. 30 before the tour heads to the Audi Birds of Prey Race Week in Beaver Creek.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Park City Community Foundation seeks help solving big problem
- New Peace House site publically unveiled
- Kamas City Council race attracts enough candidates to force a primary election
- New Park City school board member is eager to serve
- DeJoria Center partners with Mountain Town Music for summer concert series