UOP summer programs begin
May 8, 2015
Utah Olympic Park Sport Clubs kick off another fun-filled summer with camps and programs for all ages. Utah Olympic Park offers multi-sport camps and programs for freestyle skiing, cross-country skiing, ski jumping and bobsled/skeleton. One highlight this summer will be freestyle skiing programs featuring the newly renovated Big Air Pool.
The Big Air Pool is scheduled to reopen in mid-June. The FLY Freestyle Club offers numerous opportunities to stay cool this summer on the new water ramps. For those looking to try out freestyle skiing for the first time, the Freestyle Intro Sessions, Signature Sessions, Multi-Sessions and 5-Day camps allow athletes to get a feel for the water ramps at the Big Air Pool in less than a week. For progressing athletes, the FLY Summer Session provides one, two or three day-a-week training as well as a 10-punch option.
FUNdamentals Camps offer an unmatched multi-sport experience. With dedicated coaches, the camps reinforce physical education, agility, balance and coordination. Each camp features a different sport theme including golf, sailing, tennis, basketball, swimming, ice skating, curling and more. In addition to the featured sport, camp participants will have an opportunity to try gymnastics, skateboarding and art. Each camp session also includes a session in the Big Air Pool and coaching in freestyle skiing skills.
Park City Nordic Ski Club (PCNSC) athletes recently finished an exciting winter season. The club’s momentum carries into the summer season with land-training for cross-country skiing, ski jumping, and Nordic combined programs. The Youth Summer Ski Jumping and Nordic combined program is tailored for athletes ages 7 to 12 that are interested in learning basic ski jumping skills. The Summer Cross-Country Devo Program is designed for athletes ages 10 to 12 beginning to explore the specific sport skills in cross-country skiing. PCNSC also offers opportunities for advancing athletes with development and competition level programs.
The ice may be out of the 2002 Olympic sliding track, but that doesn’t slow down G-Force Bobsled and Skeleton Club — an official feeder program for the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation. G-Force offers multiple combine tests this summer for ages 14 and up — June 12, Aug. 21 and Sept. 26. For ages 16 and older, bobsled push camps will also be held June 12-13 and August 21-22.
For more information on Utah Olympic Park Sport Club programs visit http://www.UtahOlympicLegacy.com .
Recommended Stories For You
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Park City-based National Ability Center plans to expand facilities, starting with its Mountain Center, in 2018
- Park City High School’s girls tennis says goodbye to 2017 seniors
- Park City High School Miners girls soccer beats Ben Lomond at new home venue
- Park City’s Tour des Suds shows creativity in beautiful, boozy race
- Last and longest of Park City Trail Series means an end of summer running season
- Earthquake, 3.3 magnitude, hits near Park City
- All Resort Group, large Park City transportation firm, suddenly closes
- The American dream in Park City hinges on the draw of a pingpong ball
- Park City reverses plan to spend $680K for microtransit deal
- Park City critic wants Rail Trail study ‘squashed, period’