5 things to do in Park City this weekend
October 19, 2018
Jesse Colin Young at the Egyptian
Friday, Oct. 19 and Saturday, Oct. 20, 8 p.m.
The Egyptian Theatre, 328 Main Street
Tickets starting at $43, $5 more at the door
Americana singer and songwriter and founder of The Youngbloods comes to the Egyptian Theatre. For 50 years Jesse Colin Young has been singing songs about peace, relationships and the environment. His musical style is now considered Americana, but in fact it’s his unique fusion of jazz, blues, folk and rock with an emphasis on his extraordinary voice that makes his signature sound.
Park City Library Stuffed Animal Sleepover
Friday, Oct. 19 – Saturday, Oct. 20
Park City Library, 1255 Park Ave.
Bring your favorite stuffed animal to the library during business hours on Friday, October 19th to have them experience a sleepover at the library. Super-secret cameras will catch them overnight. Pick up your animal and enjoy pictures of the animal's escapades on Saturday morning from 10 a.m. to noon.
Swaner Saturday Morning Nature Walks
Saturday mornings, 8:30 – 10 a.m.
Swaner EcoCenter, 1258 Center Dr.
Tickets: $10 per person, $5 with Utah ID, free for members
Learn about wetland science, natural plant and animal species, and the history of the Swaner Preserve. Depending upon the time of year, lucky hikers may see an abundance of birds, elk, or even nesting sandhill cranes. Come prepared for outdoor conditions: Sturdy boots or shoes (close-toed) and long pants are recommended along with a water bottle.
The Paint Mixer Midnight Owl
Saturday, Oct. 20, 3 p.m.
The Paint Mixer, 738 Main Street
$35 for adults, $30 for children
Join The Paint Mixer painting a vivid composition. Step-by-step instruction will be provided as well as all materials. Their goal is to encourage everyone to try something new and create something special. All ages included.
Tuesdays from Oct. 23 through Dec. 11, 6 to 8 p.m.
Park City Hospital Blair Education Center, Classroom 4. 900 Round Valley Dr.
Join the LiVe Well Center for an 8-week mindfulness experience learning about the Four Foundations of Mindfulness. Participants will spend two weeks learning practices from each foundation to open and unfold and open the mind and heart. The classes are taught by mindfulness expert Rebecca Brenner. Participants must already have an established mindfulness practice.
Trending In: Entertainment
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jodi Kantor will speak about breaking the Harvey Weinstein story and the #metoo movement
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers