Activities presented in connection to "Wild Land" exhibit at the Park City Museum
July 8, 2014
Wednesday, July 9
Wednesday, Aug. 6
Thursday, Sept. 11
On July 9, the museum will present hands-on activities for families in the Tozer Gallery from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. They will include a story time, a nature walk and art time.
The Park City Museum partnered with Paint Mixer owner Nicky Lecher for three fun-filled events at the Paint Mixer, 738 Main St.:
Thursday, July 31, 6:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Friday, Sept. 19, 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 12, 4:30 p.m.
Lecher and her staff will give participants step-by-step instruction about painting nature scenes. A portion of the registration, which will include complimentary admission to the Park City Museum, will also benefit the museum.
To register, visit http://www.paintmixer.com .
Tuesday, Oct. 7, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
George Handley, of Brigham Young University’s department of humanities, classics and comparative literature department, will give a presentation about landscape painting and its influence on conservation. He will specifically discuss and give examples of the importance of aesthetic responses to the landscape and how these responses influence how people think about the intrinsic value of land.
For more information, visit http://www.parkcityhistory.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores