Alex Boyé wins grand prize at the Hard Rock Rising Battle of the Bands
Singer lives in Park City
June 23, 2017
After an intense three-month search, Hard Rock is proud to announce Park City resident Alex Boyé as the 2017 grand-prize winner of its annual Hard Rock Rising Battle of the Bands competition.
Boyé rocked the local stage first at Hard Rock Cafe Denver and eventually beat more than 6,000 other artists worldwide with his one-of-a-kind African-pop fusion sound.
As the grand prize winner, Boyé will perform during halftime at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, on Dec. 11 when the Miami Dolphins take on the New England Patriots for Monday Night Football.
Boyé will also take home $1,000 USD, a 1,000 count CD/DVD pack of his latest recording from Bison Disc, a Fender Instrument prize pack and will have the opportunity to shoot a professionally produced music video, which will be added to Hard Rock's world-wide video system.
The singer dominated the competition during the live music battle on May 25 at Hard Rock Cafe Denver where he performed a set of original material backed by an incredible group of musicians.
An international panel of music industry professionals then selected Boyé from the 108 local winners and crowned him Hard Rock Rising Artist of the Year for 2017.
Recommended Stories For You
"The talent this year was truly amazing, which made determining a winner harder than it's ever been," said Jeff Nolan, Hard Rock International's Music and Memorabilia Historian. "Ultimately, Alex Boyé made a lasting impression with his savvy songwriting and undeniable charisma. We look forward to working with him and are confident his performance at Hard Rock Stadium will be a show-stopper."
In addition three additional acts were selected as regional winners by the judging panel.
Indie rock group Kapitan Stereo of Gdansk, Poland, incendiary postpunk trio Life and Time of Seoul, South Korea, and heavy grunge band Soponcio of Santiago, Chile, were named regional winners and took home $1,000 USD, a 1,000 count CD/DVD pack of their latest music and video from Bison Disc, and a Fender Instruments prize pack.
Committed to supporting music and emerging artists around the globe, Hard Rock International hosted thousands of live music events worldwide in 2016.
The brand continues its dedication to support up-and-coming artists in 2017 with Hard Rock Rising global music showcase, providing a forum for today's new talent to connect with music fans around the world.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- National Geographic’s Steve Winter is a big cat when it comes to tigers, jaguars and cougars
- Christopher Hawley looks forward to his annual gig at the Access Film Music Festival
- Access Film Music Festival celebrates 16 years of helping independent musicians get to the next level
- Local singer-songwriter Bill McGinnis enjoys international Access with Park City showcase
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion
- Park City swimmer Fischer Caplin selected for USA Swimming diversity fellowship