Alliance will present Main Street Paint Out
May 27, 2014
The Historic Park City Alliance is pleased to introduce the Main Street Paint Out scheduled for Sunday, June 1.
Local galleries will expand upon the monthly Gallery Stroll to include live exhibitions in Historic Park City.
"For the last several Sundays, the Historic Park City Alliance has been promoting Sundays in the district with free parking, special events and promotions each Sunday," says Alison Butz, executive director of the Historic Park City Alliance. "The final Sunday of our efforts falls directly following the monthly Park City Gallery Association Gallery Stroll. It felt like the perfect opportunity to bring art outside for live demonstrations for our visitors."
"Our artists are excited to be prominently featured in Historic Park City and for the opportunity to showcase their work in such a public setting," says Maren Mullin, owner of Gallery MAR and Main Street Paint Out event organizer. "Participating galleries have each selected a featured artist for the Paint Out."
Participating Galleries and their featured artists will include:
Additional participation from Park City Gallery Association members including Coda, Mountain Trails, Paint Mixer and District Gallery.
Recommended Stories For You
Artists will begin painting at noon in their specified locations. The public who are interested in specific artwork are invited to visit the respective gallery to view each artist’s work.
For more information, visit http://www.historicparkcityutah.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Free lecture will give the Shoshone perspective of the Bear River Massacre
- Utah Symphony Chamber Concert features music from different eras
- What to do in Park City this weekend: Rita Coolidge, Jodi Kantor and Steve Winter
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide