Alliance will present Main Street Paint Out
May 27, 2014
The Historic Park City Alliance is pleased to introduce the Main Street Paint Out scheduled for Sunday, June 1.
Local galleries will expand upon the monthly Gallery Stroll to include live exhibitions in Historic Park City.
"For the last several Sundays, the Historic Park City Alliance has been promoting Sundays in the district with free parking, special events and promotions each Sunday," says Alison Butz, executive director of the Historic Park City Alliance. "The final Sunday of our efforts falls directly following the monthly Park City Gallery Association Gallery Stroll. It felt like the perfect opportunity to bring art outside for live demonstrations for our visitors."
"Our artists are excited to be prominently featured in Historic Park City and for the opportunity to showcase their work in such a public setting," says Maren Mullin, owner of Gallery MAR and Main Street Paint Out event organizer. "Participating galleries have each selected a featured artist for the Paint Out."
Participating Galleries and their featured artists will include:
Additional participation from Park City Gallery Association members including Coda, Mountain Trails, Paint Mixer and District Gallery.
Recommended Stories For You
Artists will begin painting at noon in their specified locations. The public who are interested in specific artwork are invited to visit the respective gallery to view each artist’s work.
For more information, visit http://www.historicparkcityutah.com.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City Farmers Market plants seeds in its new location
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City Classic Car show pulls into new location at Billy Blanco’s
- Rock band Ambrosia will show its many colors in Park City
- Arts-Kids and Holy Cross Ministries creatively reach out to Park City’s Latino community
- Park City Treasure dispute: a 14-year saga led to extraordinary vote
- Mountain lion attacks hunter in Summit County
- Editorial: Leadership change at Deer Valley marks end of a chapter in Park City
- UPDATED: Bob Wheaton, crucial ski industry figure, to leave Deer Valley Resort
- Kilby Road construction revved up just before school starts