Artique will present the vision of photographer Tom Kelly
Photo exhibit opens Friday
July 3, 2017
Noted Utah landscape photographer Tom Kelly will present a collection of stunning images from around Utah and the world with his "Light, Land and Sky" gallery show opening and artist reception at 6 p.m. at Artique in Kamas, 283 N. Main St. in Kamas, on Friday, July 7. It is his third annual show at the popular Utah gallery that features all local artists. The event is free and open to the public.
Kelly's images showcase the magic of light as it traces its way across landscapes of the world. Many of the photographs are from Utah's Wasatch Range with other from points around America and the globe. The limited selection show features a dozen carefully selected images.
"As a photographer, light is like magic to me," said Kelly. "From the brilliant arrows of light beaming down on Bonanza Flats to the lightning strike near Murdock Peak and the amazing pastels at dawn from high atop a Tyrolean mountain peak in Austria, these images are among my all time favorites."
A Wisconsin native, Kelly forged his early career as a news and sports photographer. He found a home in Utah 30 years ago, rediscovering his craft through his passion for the outdoors. His travel has taken him to nearly 100 countries, but he remains most comfortable behind the lens at sunrise in Empire Pass or hiking to mountain peaks along the Wasatch.
Kelly's July show at Artique in 2015 featured modern and vintage barns, one of the most popular monthly shows ever at the gallery.
Last July he showcased his wildflower photography.
This year's show features a selection of a dozen images showcasing unique examples of light interacting with land and sky.
Artique, the popular gallery that has featured over 50 local artists, has become known for its monthly First Friday gallery openings continuously over the past six years. Only local artists are featured.
The gallery is located at the north end of Kamas' Main Street, the gateway to the Uintas and the Mirror Lake Highway. Kelly will be on hand for the opening reception Friday evening, July 7, and again on Saturday afternoon July 8.
Artique is open every Thursday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. For information, visit http://www.facebook.com/artiqueartandgifts.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Free ukulele lessons harmonize with Park City Library’s check-out program (w/ video)
- Free Park City Museum presentation digs into historic mining methods in the Park City District
- Park City Library seeks artists for future exhibits
- Iron Butterfly makes a weekend landing at the Egyptian Theatre
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech