Arts Festival announces Best in Show
August 8, 2017
The Best in Show Winners have been announced for the 48th Annual Park City Kimball Arts Festival.
Awards are presented for each of 12 mediums in the competition that is also the Kimball Art Center's largest fundraiser of the year.
BEST IN SHOW WINNERS
Ceramics: Brian Jenson / Jenson Ceramics
Drawing: R.Michael Wommack
Fiber: Jenny Hill / J. Hill Felt
Glass: Marlene Rose
Jewelry: Lisa Ben-Zeev / Lisa Ben-Zeev Jewelry
Metal: Bozenna and Lukasz Bogucki / BO's Art, Inc.
Mixed Media: Denny Wainscott / Morning DEW Gourds
Painting: Greg Strachov / Strachove Studio
Photography: Clifton Henri / Photography
Printmaking: Jennifer Worsley / Jennifer Worsley Studio
Sculpture: Jason Waldron / Waldron 3D Sculptural Expressions
Wood: Steve Henneford / Henneford Fine Furniture
The winners were chosen by a five-person jury comprised of collectors and art-world professionals who anonymously reviewed artists' work, submitting scoring by Saturday evening of the festival.
The 48th Annual Park City Kimball Arts Festival is made possible by the generous support of the following sponsors: Presenting Sponsor, Zions Bank; Leading Sponsors: Strong Auto Group and Coca-Cola; Contributing Sponsors: Stella Artois Legere, Skullcandy, Summit County Restaurant Tax, Summit Sotheby's International Realty, Gateway Center and Utah Office of Tourism; Media Sponsors: FOX13, Broadway Media and Utah Digital Services.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Tom Clyde: No question which vote on Treasure is the right one for Park City
- One year after a debilitating accident, triathlete Sebastian Ziesler race Utah’s Toughest Triathlon
- Guest editorial: Park City will feel the consequences if we don’t approve the Treasure bond