Canyons Resort announces spring concert series
February 12, 2014
Canyons Resort kicks off the annual Spring Concert Series this Saturday, Feb. 15. The free après concerts happen every Saturday and select Sundays at 3 p.m. on the Resort Village stage. New this season, Canyons has added two shows in February, two weeks earlier than in previous years. The eleven concerts will groove the village stage, showcasing rock, blues, reggae and global sounds.
"Canyons comes alive in the spring with the beautiful weather and our vibrant après village," says Mike Goar, General Manager of Canyons Resort. "The Spring Concert Series continues to be one of the premiere events in Park City that guests and locals look forward to each year. We are thrilled to be adding two extra weeks of concerts for our guests to enjoy."
The concert series includes a variety of bands and musical tastes for the entire family to enjoy. Some have a regional following in the Utah area — The Patwa Reggae Band and Nigel and the Metal Dogs — some are nationally renowned — Brett Dennen, The Mother Hips — and others come from the international stage including Grammy Award-winning Steel Pulse. For those guests who love a good tribute band, This Must Be the Band, a Talking Heads cover band, is sure to have the entire crowd on its feet.
While all shows are family-friendly, Canyons offers programming specifically geared for the younger generations to enjoy. Parents can enjoy a drink or dance while kids roast marshmallows for s’mores on the Umbrella Bar deck during the Saturday S’mores program.
Other activities the kids may enjoy include magicians, balloon artists, jugglers or cowboys who entertain with rope tricks and quick draw competitions. For a full schedule of resort activities, visit http://www.canyonsresort.com/events.html .
Canyons’ Spring Concert Schedule:
Recommended Stories For You
15 — The Patwa Reggae Band
22 — Tony Holiday and The Velvetones
1 — Sensations For Soul
8 — This Must Be the Band
15 — Folk Hogan
22 — Spring Grüv: Steel Pulse with opening act Cody Chesnutt
23 — Spring Grüv: The Magic Beans
29 — Spring Grüv: Brett Dennen opening act Ryan Montbleau
30 — Spring Grüv: The Mother Hips
5 — Mark Sexton Band
13 — Nigel & the Metal Dogs
For more information, visit http://www.canyonsresort.com .
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Local cowboy painter Don Weller will sign his memoir at Dolly’s Bookstore
- Yoga lovers will help Kenyan students through the Art of Connection
- Ziegfeld Theater gets its groove on with ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The Wallflowers’ Jakob Dylan still searching for the perfect song
- Vail Resorts chief in Park City: More work needed on housing, wages
- Resident raises concerns about safety of upcoming Jeremy roundabouts
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City hotel teardown starts with brute force, power tools
- Park City, jammed, forced into temporary one-way Main Street traffic