Free documentary screenings this weekend and next week
October 14, 2016
'Follow the Sound of My Voice'<>/b>
A free screening of Ben Stamper's documentary, "Follow the Sound of My Voice," will be held at the Park City Library's Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Ave., on Saturday, Oct. 15, at 1 p.m. The film follows Troy Shumway's trek up Mount Kilimanjaro. Shumay, who has autism, is a graduate of Utah State University's Aggies Elevated Program. The screening will be followed by a Q &A with Shumway and filmmaker Stamper. Stamper will then premiere another film, "Don't Foil My Plans," a short film about a musician with autism. For more information, visit https://cehs.usu.edu/follow-the-sound-of-my-voice
'Chasing the Dragon: The Life of an Opiate Addict'
The FBI, DEA and Park City School District will present a free screening of "Chasing the Dragon: The Life of an Opiate Addict" 6 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the Park City Library's Jim Santy Auditorium, 1255 Park Avenue. The documentary, although graphic in nature, is aimed at educating students and young adults about the dangers of addiction, and it features first-person accounts of those who have used opioids or have children who abuse opioids. There will be a panel discussion following the screening. For more information, visit http://www.fbi.gov/chasingthedragon.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores