‘Girl Rising’ Screening at the Eccles Center
March 15, 2013
The Eccles Center for the Performing Arts will present a special screening of Richard Robbins’ documentary "Girl Rising" on Wednesday, March 20, at 7 p.m. A question-and-answer session with Robbins will follow. The film, which features narration by Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Selena Gomez, Salma Hayak and Alica Keys, is about girls from around the world, who are striving beyond circumstance, pushing past limits and demonstrating the extraordinary strength of the human spirit to overcome the odds. The film also carries a powerful message: if we educate girls, we can change the future of some 66 million girls who today only dream of going to school. Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students ages 12 and 18. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the 10 x 10 Fund that promotes educating girls through its NGO partners. Tickets can be purchased by calling (435) 655-3114 or at the Eccles Center box office.
Trending In: Entertainment
- What to do in Park City this weekend: musicals, affordable housing and the music crawl
- Park City High School drama department exclaims ‘Mamma Mia!’
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Irish pub inspired Alicia Stockman’s new single, ‘The Porter House’
- Park City can pay a call on ‘The Addams Family’ at Egyptian Theatre
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb