Here are some highlighted events to check out this week
Don't miss these events
October 17, 2017
'The Republic of Nature' with Mark Fiege
Author and historian Mark Fiege will give a presentation titled "The Republic of Nature" at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 18, at the Swaner EcoCenter, 1250 Center Drive at Kimball Junction. The presentation, titled after his book, is part of the Utah Humanities Book Festival. Although the event is free, registration is required. To register, visit this website.
Park City Farmer's Market
The Park City Farmer's Market is open from noon to 6 p.m. every Wednesday until Oct. 25 at Canyons cabriolet parking lot. Admission is free. For information, visit the Farmer’s Market’s website.
Art Talk: Create with Jimmi Toro
Visual artist Jimmi Toro will give a free art talk from 6-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 19, at the Kimball Art Center, 1401 Kearns Blvd. Toro will speak about the progression of art from childhood to adult and will invite the audience to participate in some simple drawing exercises that anyone can do. The event is open to all ages. To RSVP, visit Kimball Art Center’s website.
Open Adventure at the National Ability Center
An open adventure opportunity will run from 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday, Oct. 19, at the National Ability Center, 1000 Ability Way at Kimball Junction. The event, a partnership with the Solomon Fund and the Park City Community Foundation, will feature adaptive cycling, archery and a climbing wall. The cost is $5. For information, visit the NAC’s website.
'Line of Descent' at the Eccles Center
Warren Miller Entertainment's 68th film, "Line of Descent," will screen at 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 20, and at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 21. Both screenings will be at the Eccles Center for the Performing Arts, 1750 Kearns Blvd. Ticket, are $23 and can be purchased by visiting this website.
Trending In: Entertainment
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- For these Park City photographers, taking the shot is only half the story
- What to do this weekend in Park City: Fall activities begin with Scarecrow Festival
- Erika L. Sánchez, author of ‘I’m Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter,’ set for Park City appearance
- Park City’s 2018 Autumn Aloft creates wonder for viewers and pilots alike
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)