Jewish community invites all to celebrate Chanukah
December 9, 2017
Chanukah starts on Wednesday, Dec. 13, and Park City's Jewish community has invited the public to celebrate.
- Chabad of Park City will host a string of Chanukah events. For locations, visit jewishparkcity.com and contact Rabbi Yudi Steiger at 435-714-8590.
The first will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 14, at the Steiger residence. The family-friendly event will feature latkes, donuts, music and song.
The lighting of the Grand Menorah will be at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16, at Miners Plaza, 415 Main St. The free celebration will feature latkes, dreidels, music and glow-in-the-dark crafts.
The next event will be a holiday bowling party from 6-8 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 17, at Jupiter Bowl, 1090 Center Drive and Kimball Junction. The group will meet in the VIP bowling room and will enjoy a bowling pin Menorah lighting, snacks and Chanukah treats. The price is $15 for adults, $12 for children or $47 for a family of four.
- Temple Har Shalom will host a Chanukah party starting at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 16, at 3700 Brookside Court. The event will feature magician Paul Brewer, balloon artist Debbie Lance, dinner and latkes for everyone and adult beverages. Tickets are $40 for Temple Har Shalom members, $60 for nonmembers, $20 for children ages five to 18 and free for children ages four and younger. For information, visit http://www.harshalomparkcity.org.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business